[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village Identification Help Request - Heinrich Lueck Death Record 1907

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Mon Jan 28 12:04:19 PST 2008

  John,

     That's a very neat Russian handwrighting.

     The initial letter might be a Russian G - I'm not sure whether
 there are two vertical strokes (P) or one vertical (G) in the shadow-
 maybe you can see better.  So my reading would be

   P-o-l-sh-e or  G-o-l-sh-e
    (Though I'm not certain).

        I looked on the first page - the l looks like the l in Wilhelmine,
 but the next letter looks different from the m in Wilhelmine, so I think
 it might be a sh, but unfortunately I couldn't spot any examples of
 lower-case sh on page 1. The first letter looks a lot like the P at
 the beginning of Preuss, or the G at the begininning of Hirth on page1.

         Paul Rakow
         rakow at ifh.de