[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] WENDLAND

Worth Anderson worth_a at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 15:16:18 PDT 2008

I am NOT researching the Wendlands, but, for what it is worth, here is a reference to the name I happen to have in my files, from the Roman Catholic parish register for Plonkowo, in Inowroclaw, Poland (note: Lutherans living in neighboring villages often were recorded in the Plonkowo Roman Catholic register, as there was no nearby Lutheran church until 1835; a number of families from that area later appear in Lutheran parishes on the Vistula River just downstream from Warsaw):

FHL Microfilm 2256805, Itesm 2-3, Frame 194.  Nowa Wies Rojewski 18 Sept. 1792 Antony Wentland of Dabrowa, 23, married to Euphrosina ___na of Nowa Wies Rojewska, virgin, 19.  Witnesses: Michael Prochno of the village of Gross Glinno & Peter Schmidt of the willage Stara Wies Rojewska, and many others.

The original is, of course, in Latin.

Good luck with your research,

Worth S. Anderson