[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Liessapol????

Eduardo Kommers eduardo.kommers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 08:06:07 PDT 2008

I have the same kind of problem.
On the ship manifest from 1897 of my Kommers family in Brazil, nationality
is German and last residence is "Gribenhof". I can't find a Russian,
Ukrainian, Polish or German "Griebenhof". Does anyone know what place this
might be?
Ludwig Kommers and Auguste Weicht got married and had their children in
Zhytomir/Faustindorf area. The birth records of the children are from 1860'
to 1879. There are more three children born after this period but I have
never found them. So, I suppose they moved to this "lost" Gribenhof, where
the three last children were born.

Anyone saw Griebenhof sometime?

Thanks,
Eduardo Kommers