[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] OBIT: Ron Brown

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 14 17:47:13 PDT 2008

It is with sadness and regret that I announce the passing of my
cousin and fellow researcher, Ron Brown.  Ron had been a member of
our Society since 1999 and had a keen interest in his Volhynia
roots.  He and I often collaborated and checked notes on our common
Hemminger ancestry.  He was always willing to share and he leaves
behind a number of cousins on this mailing list from various branches
of his family.  He strove for accuracy in his research and always
cited sources where possible.  Ron was also a speaker at our 2006
Edmonton Convention.

Quoting from his official obituary:
"BROWN, Ronald Jacob January 19, 1943 - July 6, 2008 Peacefully with
his family by his side. Beloved husband of Luba and loving father of
Anne-Marie and Shelley (Ian Weaver). Predeceased by his devoted
parents Lucy (Hemminger) and Jacob Brown. Dear brother of Lorraine
Donald (Doug), Marilyn Morris (William), Jacquelin Otte (Wilf), and
William Brown (Sherry). He will be fondly remembered by nieces,
nephews and extended family members. Ron had a long and distinguished
career as a Research Scientist at Natural Resources Canada (CCRS),
and enjoyed a passion for curling and geneology."

The full obituary is available at http://www.mcgarryfamily.ca and if
you knew him personally, you can leave messages of condolence there.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca