[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Griebenhof

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 14 17:37:46 PDT 2008

Eduardo,

In a passenger list, there are often two descriptive columns - one of
ethnicity and one for nationality.  If it shows nationality as
German, then they would have been travelling under a German
passport.  Since a "Hof" is a farm, your location might be a farm or
estate associated with one of the Grieben in Prussia.  You can find
them using http://www.kartenmeister.com

It was not uncommon for a family to migrate to East Prussia in
particular (but other areas as well) from Volhynia before moving on
to North or South America.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca