[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Nenzel-Brazil

Eduardo Kommers eduardo.kommers at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 04:48:58 PDT 2008

Hi Evert, yes it is.

A big part of the imigrants came to Brazil through the Porto de Santos
(Santos Port) like my Kommers family. Another small part of them came
through Ilha das Flores (Flowers Island) and others.

To check those in Santos Port follow this link
http://www.memorialdoimigrante.sp.gov.br/

You have to fill "Sobrenome" (Surname). You must try every spelling of the
Surname. If you find a record (or more) you can also check (online) if the
person came alone or came with his family (you can see the sames of
daughters, sons, wife). To get more information you have to ask by mail and
pay around 10 dólars. The informations are: date of departure and arrival,
names of wife and children, ages, nationality, occupation, origin place,
name of the ship, origin port, etc. Let me know if you need this and I'll
show the way to do it.

To check those in Flowers Island you must send a letter. Let me now if you
need the address and I'll check it for you.

Just to point out, in Sao Paulo there is the National Archiv where I got a
copy of the original passanger list of the imigrants that came in the same
ship of my family. It's FANTASTIC !

Eduardo