[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village name for Ost Prussia

duesterhoeft at gmx.de duesterhoeft at gmx.de
Mon Jul 21 15:47:29 PDT 2008

karlann at juno.com schrieb am 21.07.2008 23:50:

> Some of my ancestors moved to East Prussia after they were dislocated
> from Volhynia following WWI, and I my great-grandfather Johann Baier
> died in Seeman, Gilgenberg, Ostrode, East Prussia in 1919. I assume
> this area may now be part of Poland, but have no idea what the
> current name of the village may be.

Hi Karla,

Seemen, Gilgenburg and Osterode in polish would be
Samin, Dabrowno and Ostroda.
See http://gov.genealogy.net/ShowObjectSimple.do?id=SEEMENKO03AL

> Is there a way to locate Lutheran
> or Baptist records for this region for this time period?

The lutheran records until 1944 seem to be located at the Evangelical
Central Archive in Berlin (http://www.ezab.de/d/cframe.html).

Stefan Duesterhoeft