[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lesniakowizna Poland/Brade family request

Edith McKelvy edies_hook at msn.com
Fri Jul 25 10:14:27 PDT 2008

Good Morning!  I plan to attend the Kelowna conference and wish to be
prepared as best as possible when I arrive.  Request any advice re how to
research my maternal grandparents.
_______

Maternal grandfather:  Karol Conrad BRADE
   Birth, marriage dates and locations unknown
   Died sometime after 1928; still living when my mother, his daughter Olga
Brade Rimple, immigrated to Edmonton/Barrhead AB, Canada that year
   Had 10 children, all born Wolomin/Lesniakowizna Poland (approx. 15 miles
east of Warsaw)
   Lutheran
   Owned 10 hectare (25 acres) of land in Lesniakowizna Poland
   Worked as caretaker on military artillery range nearby

   Karol's parents:  Karl Wilhelm Brade, b. 12 Mar 1856, and Mary UTKE,
daughter of Heinrich Utke and Ernestine PAHL  (LDS records from a cousin)

   Karol's grandparents:  Johann Gottfried Brade, b. abt 1824, and Anna
Susanna BOSSG, b. abt 1824 (LDS records from a cousin)
____

Maternal grandmother:  Amelia/Emelie JACOBY/Jacobi
   Same info as above
   Spoke Polish more fluently than German, even though of German descent,
implying that her family had lived in Poland for some time

Karol and Amelia with 3 youngest children were deported to Saratov/Volga in
1914(?) and returned to family farm four years later.  Any records available
of deportees?
_______

Family stories, unconfirmed:  Karol's father/grandfather was very rich and
owned factories/apartment blocks in Leipzig, but lost it all to war and
gambling

Ancestor was a Teutonic knight (von Brade)-- Doesn't everybody have an
illustrious ancestor?  :):):)
Statue of him was still standing somewhere in Poland during 1960s

Lesniakowizna cemetery was bulldozed by Russian Army during WWII (perhaps a
staging area for attack on Warsaw - speculation)