[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FROHLICH OF ROSHISCHTSCHE/FRIEDDRICHOWHA

karlann at juno.com karlann at juno.com
Sun Jun 8 05:44:50 PDT 2008

In addition to the information you have already received I would add that the abbreviation "K.L." probably mean "Kreis Lutzk," or the county in which the village is found near Roshischtschke. I have worked with the original church records from that parish, and this is a common notation used in them, because the parish was large and some of the villages were in a different "Kreis" or county. Furthermore, the word you  have given as "wolnanka" could very well be "Volhynia," which is the traditional term for the region of western Ukraine in which this parish is found.

Karla Walters

FATHER'S BIRTHPLACE IS LISTED AS FRIEDRICHWOKA, PUDHE K. L. RUSSIA.
ALSO WOLNANKA WAS ON HERMAN'S SHIP