[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] HELP WITH FINDING FHC FILM

MIKE MCHENRY maurmike1 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 8 11:48:06 PDT 2008

I am attempting once again to decipher the village my grandmother gives in
the ships manifest at Ellis Island.  She arrives on May 6 1906 aboard the
Rhein.  Her name is AUGUSTE(use AUGUSTA for the search) MULLER she is
accompanied by her 11th month old daughter OTTLIE. This is her second
immigration. The first was probably 1902 however I have not found this
record   The Ellis island site interprets the village as MENICZOWA. The
second 2 letters are doubtful. I entered this name in ShetlSeeker and it
returned a number of towns spelled MNICHOW(O).  One of them is west of LODZ.
When her brother (Rudolf Manzei spelled with a c instead of Z in the
manifest) arrives on October 31,1903 aboard the Rhein he says he comes from
LODZ. Can someone help me find the FHC films if they exist? They were
Lutherans. MNICHOW is just north of SIERADZ. Within the SGGEE R-P maps this
would be webmapQ.

MIKE