[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynia.org website

Carol Jones thejoneses at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 2 15:55:26 PST 2008

I, too, am impressed with Don Miller's newly revised website, and all the work he has done, and his generosity in sharing with us.

While checking out the Volhynia villages he visited, I was pleased to see reference to the mill in Gnadental run by the Wuerch family.  Robert Wirch, now living in Chilliwack, remembers when he was a boy, his father, Emil, ran the mill.  Gnadental was known as Bobrytskaya Buda at the time Robert's family emigrated to Canada in 1928.  I don't know which Wuerch built the mill, as there were many branches of Wuerches born and raised in Gnadental, including my husband's ancestors, but it is safe to say that Emil was likely one of the last to run it.

It was also terrific to read the details of our visit to Gnadental in 2002 .... we were so excited to be there, and to see the remnants of the old mill, and hear it discussed by one of the locals!

Thanks, again, Don.

Carol and Bill Jones researching "Which Wurch/Werch/Wuerch/Wirch/Wuirch is which"