[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Germans from Platkownica, Poland

Worth Anderson worth_a at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 08:19:11 PDT 2008

Samantha,

     I have some good news for you.  We're cousins
through the Bleich line.  I found the marriage of
Fryderyk Gutgelib (sic) and Anna Bleich at the Plock
State Archives, as below (translated from the Polish
by me):

Zakrzewo Atka Stanu Cywilnego (1808-1825), 1819/1820
Marriage No. 2; p. 2, P³ock State Archives, P³ock,
Poland.  21 Sep 1819 Fryderyk Gutgelib, kawaler,
according to extract from Zakrzewo dated 20th of
current month, 20, which he turned on 2 March of last
year, with the assistance of his father, Karol
Gutgelib, a farmer residing in Rakowo, and his mother
Ewa Huter, married to widow Anna Bleych, according to
the burial act from Zakrzewo dated 1 Nov of the
current year and an extract from the parish register
of Maszewo Murowane, dated 26 Sept. of current year,
33, in presence of her father Jan Bleych, residing at
Kempa Niemieckie, mother Ewa.

     I also located the birth record for their son
Jan:

Zakrzewo Atka Stanu Cywilnego (1808-1825), 1820/1821
Birth No. 23, P³ock State Archives, P³ock, Poland.
Kempa Niemiecka 28 Sep 1820 Fryderyk Gutgelib, 20,
wyrobnik of Kêpa Niemiecka, reports birth at House No.
2 on 26th of current month to his wife Anna
"Blaykowna", 19, of Jan.  Godparents: Micha³ Rynas,
gospodarz, 40, and Daniel Tober, gospodarz, 41,
residing Kempa Niemiecka.

Anna (Bleich)(Dobslaw) Gutgelib was the widow of Piotr
Dobslaw, by whom she had at least four children.
Piotr Dobslaw died between the birth of his youngest
son (also named Piotr), on 8 Nov. 1817, and his wife's
remarriage about two years lated.

Anna (Bleich)(Dobslaw) Gutgelib's baptism appears to
have been recorded in the Roman Catholic church
records for Miszewo Murowane parish.  She was born 22
Oct. 1786.  (Please note that I have not yet had the
opportunity to examine the church record itself; only
the entry in the "General Summary."  I examined this
at the Plock State Archives, although I've since
discovered that it appears likely the Family History
Library has microfilmed both the General Summary and
the parish register itself, on FHL Microfilm No.
1496598.  I have not yet been able to examine that
microfilm roll.)

Anna (Bleich)(Dobslaw) Gutgelib was the daughter of
Jan Bleich and his first wife, Ewa (or Eva if you
prefer the German spelling), who lived in the village
of Bialobrzeg in the Miszewo Murowane gmina.  Ewa died
betwen 9 Aug 1792, when her youngest daughter, also
named Ewa, was born, and 15 Sep 1794, when Jan married
(2) in the Miszewo Murowane Roman Catholic Parish,
Maryanna Preps.  They had six children, of whom the
third, Eleonora (Bleich) Molzahn, was my
fourth-great-grandmother.  Jan died between 1805, when
a son, Andrzej, was born, and 28 Dec 1809, when Dawid
Felske, son Maryanna (Preps)(Bleich) Felske and her
second husband, Wojciech Felske, was born.  All of the
dates in the preceding paragraph come from either the
"General Summary" or the Akta Stanu Cywilnego for
Miszewo Murowane gmina, which I examined at the Plock
State Archives and which, as far as I've been able to
determine, have not been microfilmed).

I did not know what had become of Jan
Gutgelib/Gutgluek, so was excited to see your e-mail.
I'd be grateful for any additional information you
could share regarding his descendats, and would be
happy to provide you with the information I have on
the Bleichs.

Your new cousin,

Worth Anderson