[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bug River Ports in Volhynia

John Smith virtualtoast at gmail.com
Tue May 6 22:30:55 PDT 2008

I would like to know the name(s) of port settlements along the Bug River in
Volhynia during the 16th century.

Farmers from Volhynia participated in the Vistula River grain trade to
Danzig at this time, and I am trying to figure out how Volhynian farmers
transported their grains to the Bug River.

One possibility is road travel from Lutsk to Wladimir Wolhynski, which is a
village close to the Bug River. From there log rafts could float northwards
and connect to the Vistula River and onto Danzig by the Baltic Sea.

However, I'm not sure if Wladimir Wolhynski existed in the 16th century.
I haven't located a Volhynia map with the Bug River on it from the 16th
century.

Thanks so much for any information.