[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Jahnke family query

karlann at juno.com karlann at juno.com
Tue Nov 11 06:25:12 PST 2008

I have learned that one of my ancestors, Samuel Fietz, was married to a woman named Justina Janecka. I obtained this name from a record of the birth of my g-grandfather in the Lublin Lutheran church records of 1870. The family lived in the village of Voitsekov, Lublin. Since this record is in Russian, I am wondering if the name "Janecka" might be the same as Jahnke in German. Does anyone have suggestions? I have not run across the name Janecka anywhere, so am thinking it must be a Russian form for a different name.
Karla Walters