[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Jahnke family query

joepessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Tue Nov 11 06:56:37 PST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org
[mailto:ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org] On Behalf Of
karlann at juno.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:25 AM
To: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Jahnke family query

I have learned that one of my ancestors, Samuel Fietz, was married to a
woman named Justina Janecka. I obtained this name from a record of the birth
of my g-grandfather in the Lublin Lutheran church records of 1870. The
family lived in the village of Voitsekov, Lublin. Since this record is in
Russian, I am wondering if the name "Janecka" might be the same as Jahnke in
German. Does anyone have suggestions? I have not run across the name Janecka
anywhere, so am thinking it must be a Russian form for a different name.
Karla Walters

Ellis Island immigration records at http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/  have
25 Janecka, coming from Russia, Poland, Hungary, and other countries.

Joe in Texas