[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Figuring Relationships

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 1 21:06:07 PDT 2008

If I charted it correctly -

Your father and mother are 2nd cousins once removed.
You are your father's 3rd cousin.
You are your mother's 2nd cousin twice removed.
You and your siblings are 3rd cousins once removed.

I have no idea how common this situation is.  My wife's parents
(Volga German descendants) were fourth cousins.  Complicate this even
more so with her g.grandfather on her father's side marrying a 2nd
cousin and the relationships get really messy.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca