[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Figuring Relationships - Familie SONNENBURG

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Fri Oct 3 03:54:19 PDT 2008

My cousin sang this song at a family reunion, and I also thought of
it when you posted this query.

My GEDCOM program, Family Tree Maker, does charts that show
relationships.

My family tree includes a female SONNENBURG ancestor born about 200
years ago, so I've researched this name, and collected' all the
Sonnenburgs / Sonnenbergs I found when looking at church records.
During a trip to Poland in 2005, I found a headstone Zonnenburg that
showed how the name was 'Polishized' when the area was 'resettled'
after WWII.

My Prussian ancestors lived in Posen Province (Poznan) and the
Lutheran parish records I looked at were Schokken and Revier.

Nancy in Minnesota