[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Records for Landsberg Warthe

Sig Matt sigmatt at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 7 22:27:08 PDT 2008

Jim,

I happened to be looking at a German pre-WWII and post-WWII map just now.
It shows Landsberg/ Warthe about 45 km NE of Kuestrin (today Kostrzyn [ since 1945] )
lying directly on the Warthe River. Kuestrin lies directly east of today's German-Polish border
and is located about 75 km due east of Berlin.
In the time period you are searching Landsberg was German territory.
Would that make the Berlin Archives a place to start your search?

Sig