[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gravestone Photo Project

Irene König kopetzke at gmx.net
Fri Oct 24 05:02:58 PDT 2008

wolhynien.de has launched the Volhynia Gravestone Project with the goal
of archiving digital images of the gravestones of our ancestors.

	http://wolhynien.de/db/gr/index.php

There is no English version but you will be able to find names (Namen)
and cemeteries (Friedhöfe) by using the navigation on the left side.

We have started with only 30 names on 28 gravestones but are hoping that
the database will grow over time as records are added. The database
includes a full listing of names and dates from the stones.

Although we know that most of the old cemeteries are neglected and hard
to find, if ever, and that the eroded gravestones are overgrown by
rambling weeds and brushwood there must be more pictures out there.

I you have a photo (or know of someone who has), please, submit the
scanned or digital gravestone photo to mail at wolhynien.de

If available, send it in it's original file size, do not compress the
photo to make the file size smaller. Compressing the image will affect
the quality of the image.

If the inscription on the photo is not clearly readable, consider
including the wording.

We ask you to also include the cemetery name, the year the photo was
taken and the name of the photographer.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

Irene Koenig
http://wolhynien.de/