[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FROESCHKE from Volhynia

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Sun Oct 26 09:32:19 PDT 2008

Hi Christoph,

I have an interest in the Froeschke name in connection to my Riske ancestors
who lived in Anielowka, Kreis Lutzk, Volhynia, quite close to the Wincentow
of your Christoph Mantei.  Heinrich Froeschke was married to Pauline Riske,
almost certainly a sister of my great grandfather, Gustav Riske.  After
Pauline died, Henrich married Rosine Lach.  There were many children and it
is possible that Philipp descends from one of them.  You may find more
post-1885 Froeschke names in the 23800xy series of microfilms which have
Rozyszcze parish births to 1899 and marriages and deaths to 1895.  There is
at least one other Froeschke family in the area, Johann Froeschke / Julianne
Rux with daughter Pauline born in 1885.  The Mantei name also appears in the
area.

Dick Stein