[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German culture in North Amercia; Was Re: Kwiatkowski - Bluemke

Lloyd Friedrick lloydfriedrick at telus.net
Tue Sep 2 13:08:07 PDT 2008

 I don't. It is far more often suggested that my roots must be Jewish because of my surname. Again, it is not.

Jerry Frank

Hello Jerry

I cannot resist making a comment on your "Jewish" surname.
After leaving beautiful Alberta we retired to  the velly British society of Victoria, British Columbia.
We live in a fairly large Condominium building with many retired English folk.
Sometime ago , they discovered that I was researching my German roots.

Later on, a lady [?] on the elevator said to me;
"It must be difficult for you to go through life as a German with a Jewish name !"

Lloyd Friedrick