[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Poland or Russia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 7 10:16:07 PDT 2008

Margaret,

Polish and Russian Volhynia only existed from 1920 through WW
II.  Your villages were in Polish Volhynia during that time.  From
the Polish Partitions of the 1790s through WW I, it was all part of Russia.

Dubisehtsche (actually Dubiszcze of which there were 2 - Stare / Old
and Nowe / New) and Elizabethin / Elzbeicin are all located within 6
km northeast of Rozyszcze.  You can see them on this map
  http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG100_300DPI/A45_B40_(XXVIII-18)_ROZYSZCZE_300dpi.jpg
Enlarge it and go to the top right corner and scroll down to the
range between the numbers 179 and 183.  You will see your villages
right there at the edge. The website version only has 2 size
settings.  To make it more manageable, right click and download the
map to your computer.  When you open it in your image viewer, you can
control the enlargement to more readable settings.

According to this map
http://download.maps.vlasenko.net/smtm100/m-35-039.jpg the villages
still exist.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta