[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schindel in Lublin and Volhynia etc., Was Re: Schindel/Schendel + Luszyca/Ljuschitza

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 7 10:29:44 PDT 2008

As with many of our ancestors, yours created quite a migration trail
through this part of Europe.

Starting with Rangetia and Luwinge - both appear to be too badly
spelled to make sense of the real place names intended.

I think that Luszyca is clearly a good starting point for your
research and Howard has provided some suggestions for what parishes
to look in.  You may find some correctly spelled village names there
that tie into the above two.

Nowograd-Wolhynsk is of course in Volhynia.  However, given the
timing of the record (post 1885), getting much additional info there
might be difficult.

Birth place shown as Lublin may be a good clue.  Our Lublin Team is
currently working on indexing records from that Parish, not currently
available through the LDS.  They may have some help available for you.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca