[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Poland or Russia

Kenneth Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Sun Sep 7 14:51:59 PDT 2008

Jerry Frank wrote:

> Dubisehtsche (actually Dubiszcze of which there were 2 - Stare / Old
> and Nowe / New) and Elizabethin / Elzbeicin are all located within 6
> km northeast of Rozyszcze.  You can see them on this map
>   http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG100_300DPI/A45_B40_(XXVIII-18)_ROZYSZCZE_300dpi.jpg
> Enlarge it and go to the top right corner and scroll down to the
Awesome maps, Jerry. I think I've seen the Russian one before but can't
make out the Cyrillic writing. How would Rozyszcze appear in cyrillic
writing? Or perhaps you could provide the coordinates on the Russian
map? Also, what is the name of the river that lies to the East of Rozyszcze?

My ggf LACHMANN, Samuel George, was born in Rozyszcze in 1865 and I hope
to make a trip there someday but want to have a better idea of the
geography so I can plan a driving tour that will allow me to see other
places where his siblings, parents, and grandparents were from.

Kenneth Browne researching:
BROWN(E) LEIGHTON TAYLOR CLOUGH/CLUFF
LACHMANN RUSSELL MORSE PETTENGILL
NOBLE SMALL WOLF MROCH LUEDTKE