[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fw: cilke

Albert Treichel albert.treichel at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 11 08:14:18 PDT 2008

To add to the mix, research (mainly by my cousin) has identified our great
grandmother Maria with surname variously spelled as Cylkow (in a
resettlement record), Cylke (in a parish record) and Zulke (in an EWZ
stammblatt). She married Fryderyk Treichel. She appears to have been born
about 1828 (whereabouts unknown), died at Chmielewo, Pultusk, Warsaw
Province (sometime after birth of our grandfather Ludwig Treichel in 1864).
Parish records also record other earlier births  for siblings of Ludwig.
This supports the discussion on multiple spellings of the surname and is
further interesting in that Gabin and Chmielewo are not that far apart so
the possibility exists that our Maria Cylkow and Leslie's Otto Cilke may be
connected.