[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bartz

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 18 13:43:25 PDT 2008

Rose-Marie,

It appears your next step would be to order filmed records of Gabin Lutheran church and hunt for more Bartz and Peter names.  There are many gaps in the Pedigree Database, so if you find more family names you can contibute these to the Pedigree Database which may connect with names already there.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/printing/titledetailsprint.asp?titleno=204336

Rose Ingram

  From: F&RM Haddad

  Hi All -

  First, thank-you for the responses to my question re: armies, and plagues.

  I am trying to find information on a Wilhelm Bartz. He is the father of my
  step-grandfather, who is also first cousin to my biological grandfather.
  (Long story - still with me?)

  Wilhelm Bartz died in 1924 - presumably in Volhynia, but given the turmoil
  and displacement, it could have been most anywhere in Russia.
  Wilhelm Bartz married Bertha Peter   born 31.May.1868 in Lwowek, Gostynin,
  Warszawa, Poland. Their eldest son Wilhelm was born in 1892.

  In researching a co-lateral line, I discovered references to Bartz' in
  Borki, Gostynin around 1845-55, and a generation earlier, in Sady and
  Wymslie, both in the Gostynin area. Has anyone information, or could anyone
  direct me to information?

  Thank-you in advance.

  Rose-Marie Haddad