[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] ancestry's canadian passenger lists are online

karlann at juno.com karlann at juno.com
Thu Sep 18 21:35:00 PDT 2008

I have subscribed to Ancestry.com for several years and have found it very useful, particularly to locate and track North American ancestors and my husband's English ancestors; as Dave Obee has mentioned, Ancestry does not have much of an Eastern European collection. However, I have found their passenger list index (which includes many ports besides New York) very helpful in locating my Volhynian relatives who immigrated and listed their hometowns and closest relatives back in Prussia, POland, or Russia. It is also useful for finding relatives'  recent, active addresses in North America.

Karla Walters