[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] 1940 Canadian Registration

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 10:49:09 PDT 2008

Victor,
I imagine your great aunt was at least 70 years old by 1940. These kinds of responses are found often in EWZ where people list locations (often wrongly) based on their memory. She was likely a small child when the family left to the Lublin area. Then after there a few years they moved to Volhynia. I believe these are the places she remembers best and had no recollection of Kalisz. Therefore, her answers are probably just guesses based on her memory of her childhood. Of course, these people often did not concern themselves with their family history so those kinds of details often became forgotten.
Karl