[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fuscher thanx - and Bartz question

F&RM Haddad farose at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 20:59:41 PDT 2009

Hearty thanks to all who helped me with the fuscher recipe, with all its
regional differences. With all the fat in the sauce, my kids would call it
"heart attack on a plate" - but oh, it was good!

And I have another question.
Pity poor Christoph Bartz, born c.1828 in Sady, Gostynin. Four wives he had
in 13 years. First Christine Bomke - who died 19 months after their
marriage; then Christine Dahlmann, a widow some 20 years his senior, who
died after 7 1/2 years. Wife #3 was Karoline Richert who died 2 1/2 years
after they were married; six or seven weeks later he married Karoline's
sister Marianne Richert, by whom he had Wilhelm, the father of my (step-)
grandfather. One of these wives was the mother of his son Adolf. Does anyone
know which one?
And am I correct that Christoph Bartz and Marianne Richert also had a son
Heinrich?
And am I correct in assuming that the reason he married Marianne so quickly
after Karoline's death might be because Karoline died in childbirth, or
shortly thereafter, leaving a newborn?

Hope some of you knowledgeable people have some answers for me.

Rose-Marie