[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] looking for Friedrich and Karoline Mayan of Volhynia

Gilbert A Stelter gstelter at uoguelph.ca
Mon Apr 20 17:26:45 PDT 2009

HI all;
In preparation for a trip to Volhynia with Don Miller in September, I'm trying to find info on Friedrich Mayan(b. 1860) and his wife ,Karoline Busse (born 1862). Their daughter Martha (my grandmother) was born in Heimthal in 1891 and confirmed in Neu Viktorowka in 1906.
I can find very little about them in the Odessa files - in other words, I don't know their birthplaces, nor do I know if they came earlier from Poland, as did the people on my father's side. They immigrated to Canada in 1913-14.
HAs anyone run into these names?
Regards,
Gil Stelter