[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] When was German citizenship granted ?

George Shoning shoning at q.com
Wed Apr 22 13:28:21 PDT 2009

I am not sure if this will shed any light on this matter, but I was issued an identification card (Volkstumausweis) in June 1943 by the office of the Korosten (Volhynia) Regional Commissioner which certified that I was an ethnic German (Volksdeutscher) and was under the protection of the larger German Reich.  My parents received similar identification cards. These cards were used more than a year later to support our claim of German citizenship at one of the German Immigration Centers in Poland.

George