[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gutzke/Guzke and Knull Family

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Fri Apr 24 18:53:19 PDT 2009

Renee,
Amalia's surname may be Gatzke as that name occured in the Elisabethpol area
of Volhynia.  Two girls named Amalia Gatzke were born in Rozyszcze parish,
one on 4 Apr 1886 and the other on 5 Oct 1887.
Also there were several Knull families in the same area.  The St. Petersburg
Archive index has a Gustav Knull born 9 Mar 1885, parents Christian Knull /
Rosalie Schultz.  He may be your Gustaf Knull.
Four of Christian's brothers and their families migrated to Leduc, Alberta
in 1901 and there are many descendants in Alberta.
If this is the correct Gustav Knull, write to me privately and I will put
you in touch with a Knull descendant who may have further information about
the Christian Knull family.
Regards,
Dick Stein