[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Richard Blanke

Richard Benert benovich at imt.net
Mon Apr 27 11:01:32 PDT 2009

I've just accidentally run into a historian who seems to be specializing in
the subject of Germans in eastern Europe, and in Poland in particular.  Some
on the list may be interested.  One of his books deals with Masurian Germans
who spoke Polish.  Another is called "Orphans of Versailles.  The Germans in
Western Poland, 1918-1939."  If one goes to www.worldcat.com, you can find a
list of his productions by doing a search under "Blanke, Richard."

Another thing he wrote may not appear there.  It's in a book called,
"Germans and Eastern Europe.  Cultural Identities and Cultural Differences,"
(1999), edited by K. Bullivant and others.  The relevant chapter by Blanke
is on pp. 37-56, "When Germans and Poles Lived Together."

I hope this will be of some interest for at least a few of us.

Dick B.