[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ausfall des Forum f?r Ahnenforschung

George Shoning shoning at q.com
Tue Apr 28 14:17:12 PDT 2009

My translation:

"Regrettably, our forum was hit by serious computer damage (a virus).  Over the Easter weekend, several media servers went down at the Comgen Association (Club?) causing loss of a lot of data but no contracts, fortunately.

In the meantime we have been able to restore the forum to a large extent, except for some images and user-specific information.  We decided to open the forum again even though not all functions are available as yet.

Regrettably, an earlier email was not possible for teachnical reasons, since all of the personal data is stored in the forum database (data security).

We thank you for your patience for the long start-up time.

Your team from the Genealogical Research Forum."

George