[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ortssuche - Dunaj or Dunaje near Beruany?

Elly Huhle ellyhuhle at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 20 17:55:52 PST 2009

Hello, my name is Elly, I live in Canada and are searching for my Polish ancestors.
I have a copy of a church record (marriage) from 1834 entered in the Kath. Church in Lhuta, Czech Republic (formerly Bohemia).
It is stated in this record that the groom is from Russian Poland, a small place called Dunaj or Dunaje near  Beruany or Breczany or Breyany. The writing is very bad and on top of it are the places written different in several documents.
Todate I was not able to locate this place and hope that perhaps someone from the mailing list has heard of it.
The name of my ancestor is Stepan Mazurkiewicz born in the year 1794.

In a seperate document dated also in 1834 referring to my above mentioned ancestor and his upcoming marriage (located in the archive of the parish of Libice) is written,  that the groom is from Russian Poland and has agreed to stay in Libice, Bohemia once the war has ended.
Would anyone know what war was going on at that time?
At this point I have exhausted my resources including maps, Google and ShtetlSeeker and hope that one of the members has heard of such a place.

Many thanks

Elly Huhle