[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ukranian immigrants - Russian from Mariupoler Kolonien; Gerlinski/y; 1862

Jan Hemmings janhemmings at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 22 17:55:05 PST 2009

This is amazing! I am so happy for all of the help people have given me, and
for these references, especially. Alfred's ancestors in Canada were
Catholic, so that explains why there are no Gerlinskis in the Lutheran
references. But I am so thrilled with the Jacob Gerlinski citations in
Mariupol! I have two daughters who speak German, so I look forward to seeing
them for Christmas for help with this! And Nancy, thanks so much! I really
thought it was not possible to do research outside of Canada or the States!

Another things that is amazing is that in one of these references, there are
Germins and Froesses, two families that settled in the same colony (they
were called a colony in Canada, too) in Saskatchewan when Jacob Gerlinksi
went there, and that his family intermarried with! The plot thickens!

Thanks so much,
Jan Hemmings