[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] film vs duplicates

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Mon Feb 2 16:58:46 PST 2009

Carol,
While the St. Pete's films cover all of Volhynia starting in 1836 and ending
in 1885, the 23800xy series is ONLY for Rozyszcze parish from its founding
in 1862 and ending in 1895 or 1899.  Before 1862, there was only one parish,
Zhitomir parish, in Volhynia.  Rozyszcze parish was carved out of Zhitomir
parish in 1862, and then Heimtal was carved out of the reduced Zhitomir
parish in 1870.  Pre-1862 records from the area later included Rozyszcze
parish should be in the St. Petersburg films, if they aren't from the years
missing in the St. Petersburg films.  Missing years Zhitomir parish:
1837-1842, 1844, 1848, 1849, 1851, 1852, 1854, 1856, 1884;  Rozyszcze
parish: 1865, 1871, 1884;  Heimtal parish: 1871, 1873, 1874, 1884.

Dick