[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] DREGER, MEISSNER, WENDLAND, MILBRADT and ZYRARDOW

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 28 15:47:45 PST 2009

Janine,

The four place names you mention have always been known by those names
in any language.  They are all original Polish and I have no record of
any German or Russian versions that vary from that.  It is possible they
were renamed with German versions in the WW II period but I have no
record of it.

I don't know of any sites for these locations specific to genealogy.  A
GOOGLE search shows that they all have their own websites, most of
course in the Polish language.  Zyarardow at least has a section of
historical photos, most detailing the cloth making industry in that
area.  Our own SGGEE site has a page dedicated to Zyarardow.

Jerry Frank
Calgary, AB