[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Boguslawka in Rozyszcze

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 3 08:00:01 PST 2009

Carol,

Boguslawowka in Rozyszcze Parish is located about 10 km NW of Torczyn
or 5 km NNE of Zaturcy.  Not sure what you mean by difficulty
visualizing it.  If you want to see it on a map, use
http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG100_300DPI/A45_B40_(XXVIII-18)_ROZYSZCZE_300dpi.jpg

A little up from the bottom left corner is Zaturce.  Go a little
further north to find Boguslawowka.  We know that Germans lived in
this village but there certainly could have been other ethnic groups
resident there as well.

There are numerous places in eastern Europe that duplicate their
names as a result of days when villages were owned by a
Lord.  Janowka, John's village;  Antonowka, Anton's
village;  Alexandrowka, Alexander's village;  Boguslawowka,
Boguslaw's village.

Bog in Slavic languages = God.  Boguslaw is the Polish equivalent of
the German name Gottfried.  Bogomil is the Polish equivalent of Gottlieb.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca