[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of Belgatow and Janowka

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Sat Jan 3 16:38:11 PST 2009

Randy,

Belgatow is probably Belchatow, Poland located at 51-22 N, 19-23 E, 43 km
south of Lodz which, in turn, is 119 km WSW of Warsaw.  Belchatow is an
administrative town and the location of the Lutheran parish church.  Gustav
Marks may have been born in a smaller village in the vicinity of Belchatow.
The Parish Records Index database has the marriage of Gustav's parents in
1881 at Belchatow.   The parents' names are August Marks and Maryanna
Mathilde Kirsch.  Their ages, names of their parents, and village of
residence should be on the microfilm number 1733566.

Dick Stein