[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Warsaw records 1860s

Worth Anderson worth_a at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 11:09:05 PST 2009

Jerry Frank has correctly pointed out that "Warsaw" can mean a number of things.  If the reference is to the city itself, here is a (Polish language) link to a Wikipedia page for the main Lutheran (i.e., Evangelical-Augsbergian) parish in Warsaw.

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parafia_Ewangelicko-Augsburska_%C5%9Awi%C4%99tej_Tr%C3%B3jcy_w_Warszawie

And here is a link to a Wikipedia page on the Warsaw Evangelical Cemetery, which seems well preserved (and is not too far from the Warsaw Family History Center!)

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cmentarz_Ewangelicko-Augsburski_w_Warszawie

The cemetery has some huge mausoleums in it, as many of the successful merchants/industrialists in Czarist Warsaw were ethnic Germans, including the Wedel chocolate-makers.