[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village Maga-Ibafai-Hungary

Randy Marks jibeho22 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 12 20:25:22 PST 2009

I am trying to find the location where my grandmother was born.
Her US Social Security Application indicates place of birth.
The form requests place of birt be specified as City-County-State.
Her entry on the form is:
    Hungary-Ibafai-Maga  (could also be Niaga).

I am assuming Ibafai is a county or district, and Maga/Niaga is a village.

I have been able to find a village named Ibafa, but have not had success
finding Maga in a county or district named Ibafai.
The US Social application is dated 31-Jan-1963 (in case she specified
birthplace using place names as they existed at that time).
She immigrated to the US around 1910-1920.
Have tried Google maps, and TerraServer and other resources but cannot come
up with a conclusive match for the place name she specified.

Any help locating her birthplace on a map would be appreciated.

Randy