[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lydia Mantei???

Kenneth Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Thu Jan 29 18:21:39 PST 2009

Renee Hundt wrote:
> *Found this message in the listserve archives -*
>

> Jerry stated that a Lydia Mantei married Jakob Wacker (Wanda-Wola)
> *abt. 1882; could she have been married to Andreas; Andreas died and
> Lydia remarried .......had Olga Wacker in 1908?
>

> Any proof of this being the case?

Andreas' was the younger brother of my ggf Samuel Lachmann, who
immigrated about 1891 and lived in Chicago until his death in 1937.
Andreas was still alive in 1942 according to a handwritten note that I
have in my possession. Andreas emigrated (to Canada) 1907, tried to
immigrate to U.S. in 1917 at age 40 with his family which by then had
nine children.

Kenneth Browne researching:
BROWN(E) LEIGHTON TAYLOR CLOUGH/CLUFF
LACHMANN RUSSELL MORSE PETTENGILL