[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Graumann

Doug G. douggrauman at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 16:52:01 PDT 2009

I'm researching my Graumann family and here's what I have thus far:

Georg Friedrich Graumann was born in Mecklenburg, Germany in 1771.  Some time after this he went to western Prussia, possibly Tsczerbin, Poland area and had a son, Christian, B. 1797.  In around 1812, he and Christian (his wife died prior to), and his nephew Gottfried, B. 1798 Tsczerbin, Poland, headed for Bessarabia, Russia.  Georg Friedrich and Christian settled in Tarutino while Gottfried settled in Kulm.

I've been searching church records in Mecklenburg for the parents of Georg Friedrich but have had no luck finding any Graumann's thus far.  Since I don't know for certain where in Poland he was, or how long he was there, I haven't spent any time searching Polish records.

I do know Gottfried was born in Tsczerbin in September 1798 but I would be guessing to assume Georg Friedrich was married there or that his son Christian was also born there.  They did, however, arrive at the same time in Bessarabia.

I have all the information I need regarding their lives in and after Bessarabia, but I have very little of their lives prior to their arrival there (in Poland and Germany).

Anyone researching the Bessarabian Graumann's please e-mail me using my first and last name @yahoo.com

Doug Grauman