[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Archives in Milwaukee area?

Richard Benert benovich at imt.net
Tue Jun 16 20:05:06 PDT 2009

Bill and all,

Indeed there were Volhynian people in Milwaukee in the early 20th century.
Some of them, from the Deblitz, Freigang and Roller families, are pictured
in my article on Volhynian Germans in St. Paul in the June, 2008, Journal.
I have no idea who in these families (or others?) still live in the area,
except for one--that is Alice (Deblitz) Baumbach, now about 100 years old.
She was my major source of information about the village of Solodyri where
she and my father were neighbors.  It would be wonderful if she could
somehow get to the convention and be recognized.  I'll have to check into
this and find out if she would be willing and able to be there.  You asked
about a church.  I do not know the name of the church these people attended,
but it was surely a German Baptist church.  If I can find out anything more,
I'll post it.

Dick B.