[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Archives in Milwaukee area? Historical Society, Trinity Lutheran Church

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Thu Jun 18 06:39:53 PDT 2009

My grandmother that immigrated from Germany lived in Milwaukee with
her parents from about 1891 - 1900.

I visited Milwaukee in 2000 to do a 'Family History Visit' with my
husband.  We did a visit to the Milwaukee Historical Society, which
is a museum in an old bank building.

They have some archive data, and in their file box, I was able to
find data on grandma's older brothers.

I believe it related to when they applied for naturalization, and may
have included data on their address in Milwaukee.

My ancestral family came from Prussia, and they attended St. Mattheus
Lutheran Church in Milwaukee.  Grandma's Confirmation Certificate was
in German.   This church is no longer, so on Sunday we attended
Trinity Lutheran Church, which is an old congregation.

Nancy in Minnesota

Aloha!