[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish map server

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 2 10:10:24 PST 2009

Hi Guenther,

I believe that your list of maps are the same as those available at http://www.mapywig.org/news.php and this link is on our maps page.

The problem with your list is that you need to know specifically which map you want in order to select the one of interest to you.  The link above includes, in the left column, a map index which shows the coverage of the individual maps overlaid on a map of Poland (including western Volhynia).  If you know the general area of your village, you can easily refer to that to determine which map to download.

The other advantage of the above link is that most maps are available in either 300 or 600 dpi whereas yours link only provides 600 dpi.  The 300 dpi scans make for a much faster download.

And finally, the above site also carries a variety of other maps in different scales.

I believe that the Mapywig site grew out of the one you referenced.

Jerry