[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname: MENKE (Manke) from Volhynia

Chris Menke prussialives at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 10:42:59 PDT 2009

Gustav Menke - B. 1884 Alexandria, Volhynia. Came to Neche, ND via Winnipeg 1900.
Maria Menke - B. 1885 Mariendorf, Volhynia - according to family she stayed there, never immigrated.
Johann Manke - B. 1879 Mariendorf, Volhynia - He also did not immigrate to ND that we know of.

Gustav is my great-grandfather....

The above are all children of:
Christoph Menke - B. ~ 1831 in ?
Emilie Brandt - B. ~ 1854 in ? (both immigrated to Neche, ND in 1908 and 1910. Ship records show Christoph came with Natalie Menke. They came from Libau to Winnipeg to Neche. Emilie came with 2 youngest boys Adam and Friedrich via Ellis Island).

Other relatives in Alexandria / Mariendorf vicinity - I think cousins:

Mathilde Manke - B. 1871 in Mariendorf
Rudolph Manke - B. 1873 in Mariendorf

These 2 were children of:

Gottfried Manke B. ? in ?
Christine Renz B. ? in ?

Other relatives in Alexandria / Mariendorf vicinity - I think cousins:

Auguste Bertha Manke - B. 1879 in Heimthal
Hulda Manke - B. 1885 in Alexandria

These 2 were children of:

Gottfried Manke - B. ? in ?
Mathilde Bleich - B. in ?

Researching Menke / Manke, Brandt
Volhynia

Researching Schappert (Schuppert), Kullmann, WeissGalicia