[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Looking for Lutheran Parish records circa 1795

Jim Stange jjstange at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 06:33:09 PDT 2009

I have a copy of the death record of my G-G-G-G Grandfather Pawel Stange.
It states he died, a resident of Krzywa Gora, on April 10, 1863 at the age
of 68.  It lists his parents names and the town of his birth as Tomaszewo.
I do not have the marriage record for Pawel but his eldest child was born
around 1823 according to this daughter's marriage record.  I do not have her
birth record.  I do have the birth records of other siblings born in Krzywa
Gora after 1838.  The family basically lived in the Krywa Gora/Wloclawek
area then until WWII.

I am trying to find the birth record for Pawel Stange from Tomaszewo born
around 1795.  Would anyone know what Lutheran parish this Tomaszewo may be
part of?  I know there are several Tomaszewo in Poland.  I believe there is
on near Wloclawek to the west and slightly south.  If no Lutheran parish
existed for this area at this time, could there be records kept in a local
Catholic parish?  If so, which one?

Your expertise is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Jim Stange