[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 71, Issue 22

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Fri May 1 07:41:15 PDT 2009

Bruce,
The Christian Knull / Rosalie Schneider family migrated in the early 1870's
from Gessek, Petrikau, Poland to Antonowka, Kreis Wladimir, Volhynia.
Christian was born about 1818; he died in 1874 in Antonowka. Possibly some
of Christian's siblings also migrated to Volhynia.  There are some mid
1800's Knull records in Belchatow parish (Poland) but I suspect most records
were in Petrikau parish.  There are many Knull BMD events in Rozyszcze
parish and later in Wladimir parish.  See the series of microfilms 2380017
to 2380038 for records to 1895, or the St. Petersburg Archive microfilms for
records to 1885 (also indexed on the Odessa site and the SGGEE website).
Four of Christian's sons and their families migrated to Leduc, Alberta,
Canada in 1901, and his other children remained in Volhynia as far as I
know.

Dick Stein